Tuesday 18 September 2012

A Few Extra Email Addresses

Having read the first two posts of this blog, a friend of mine voiced the following thought..
"It'd be interesting to open email accounts with Yahoo/Google/Hotmail etc. and see how much spam you get without using them"
Indeed it would!

As part of the experiment, there is already a Hotmail account open which will have no link to any social network, but I have not opened accounts with any other providers.

As stated in my previous post, I already use GMail for my main email account and I know that not a lot of unsolicited email gets through, but for the sake of argument, I will open a new account with them.

Yahoo, is one of the email providers that I have had experience with before, but to be honest, I haven't even tried to log into that account for probably more than ten years.

All that I need are a few names... hmm...

Okay, I'm going to go with the following

***

As with all of the other accounts, I will set them up with details that are similar to my own.

*** The actual names have now been removed from this post. For an explanation as to why, please see this post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment